Thursday, March 15, 2012

It's House Cleaning Day....YIPPEE!!!

It is a good day today!  My husband is at our other church for the usual round of Bible studies, pre-marriage counselling, ministerial meetings and pastoral visits.  I have until late this evening to accomplish my slate of house chores, so can rest my ankle lots between tasks.

So, today for the first time in over 3 months I am cleaning my own house.  BY MYSELF!  Yahoo!!!  It feels amazing! (yes, I know it is of no interest to anyone but myself, but, my blog, my subject choices, hoho)

Am I doing the best job?  No.  Am I getting every last detail taken care of and every last corner scrubbed out completely?  No.  I can't twist myself around in the contortions necessary to wash the floor behind the washer and dryer, I can't pull out the heavy 18 litre water jugs in the coat closet and I can't move all the furniture to vaccuum underneath.  BUT I can move some of the furnture, I can squeeze in pretty close to the water jugs in the closet with the mop,  all the mini spiders and their webs are gone from the kitchen and bathrooms (spiders are everywhere in this house at this time of year), and it is delightful to see and smell the "clean-ness".  After a good break now I will complete the living room  and bedrooms. Tomorrow I will clean the bathroom fixtures and mirrors before our weekend company arrives.  

It feels good to be cleaning for company again.....cleaning things my own way......by myself.....aaaaaah......after so many months of not being able to do them, the most mundane chores become occasions to experience joy!     

7 comments:

Leah said...

I LOVE cleaning!!! How freeing for you!! It's so relaxing on the brain when everything around you is in good order.

Susan said...

Yes, absolutely. I hate mess worse than almost anything else. That was the best part of being single...no one else's mess to jar my thoughts.

c said...

Who washes behind a washer and dryer??? I've swept mine out each time i get a new washer, so that's....4 times in 21 years. Ok, so i'm a slob.
How often do you detail your car? I bet i have you beat there too. With our truck, i knew it was time to detail it when getting in and shutting the driver's door raised such a cloud of dust i started sneezing. I'm keeping the car up a little better seeing as The Mother In Law has to be ferried around in it. Why give her one more thing to criticize? Although maybe i should let it go; it might distract her from making 'helpful' suggestions about my undyed hair and other charms!

chris e. said...

'c' in the last comment was me, chris e. No, i'm not hiding behind anonymity because of my dusty laundry room or filthy vehicle. My thumb hit 'enter' by mistake. (Yes my thumb can hit 'enter'. I have a Kinesis Advantage Pro keyboard (as Sue well knows). If you've got shoulder or wrist problems it's fabulous.)

Susan said...

Our car has not been detailed in ANY way for MONTHS! It is the most embarrassing thing ever! We are both the laziest people on earth when it comes to cleaning and washing our vehicles!! Being locked out of my car downtown the other day and having to stand by its filthy self waiting for Dell to come rescue me was a terrible humliiation!

chris e. said...

Which was the embarrassing part, locking yourself out or standing by the dirty car?

Susan said...

You mean I have to choose??????