Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Muh Town is a Diiiirty Town.....

After a most successful therapy appointment today I felt courageous and empowered.  I dropped Dell off at home and drove myself downtown to the bank and the post office sans cane!!  My joy lasted as far as the first corner away from our house. There I returned to earth sufficiently to realize our entire town is coated with mud....and more mud.....and even more mud. There is nary a mud free sidewalk, street, gutter, boulevard nor parking lot. My new indoor shoes became outdoor shoes the minute I left the mud free zone of my car's interior....well it WAS a mud free zone until I was done my errands and had to drive home again.  The smallest amount of rain this morning created a town wide mudfest.......ugly, dirty, filthy, clinging, disgusting mud.  Guess we shouldn't have washed the car yesterday!

Today the classic words of Charlie Brown leapt into my mind and I wanted to shout them from the rootops:
"I CAN'T STAAAAND IT!!!"

There.....now I feel better.......  

1 comment:

chris e. said...

At least mud doesn't blow around like dust.