Thursday, May 31, 2012

But..........It Was On Sale!!

Apparently I am not going to live down a city grocery store purchase on this last trip west.  What would you do in the same situation?  Wouldn't you take advantage of a good sale if you found one?  Well.......wouldn't you?

The grocery store I found sells the same brand of toilet paper that we use.  A pack of 36 rolls of the stuff sells at my local grocer's for about $23.  The wonderful sale I found had the same 36 roll packs for less than $15, maximum 2 packs per person per visit!!!  Now wouldn't you stock up at that price?  Well.......wouldn't you?


I bought a pack at the reduced price on Saturday, but then Monday I started thinking again about what a great deal it was. Didn't know if it was just a weekend sale but decided to brave the post weekend Monday lineups at the store cashiers and take another little lookee to see if the sale was still on.  IT WAS!!!  I dragged another 72 rolls to the cashier and happily waited in line for nearly 20 minutes to pay for my purchases.  Wouldn't you do the same if you could save over $27 on 3 big packs of your favourite brand? Well.....wouldn't you?

But then came the task of telling my husband that beside all the things we had to bring back from Mom's, in our teeny tiny car, we had to also manage to bring back 108 rolls of toilet paper.  Um.......honey.....I found us a really great deal:  you know  how you want me to do better at finding things on sale?  Well,  um........I did that....... The look on his face was something to behold I must say.....  I thought my sister-in-law was going to choke, she was laughing so hard.......sigh.....

Aaah, but when you do the right thing, solutions to new problems you created in doing it tend to appear don't they?  Well.........don't they?

One of the things to bring back is an old steamer style trunk. Well guess what?  All hundred and eight rolls fit exactly into that big trunk!  It was no big deal at all to bring them home!!  Aha!!!  I didn't do such a dumb thing after all did I?  Well.........did I?

My husband's face brightened up a bit when he realized everything fit okay into the car even though it was packed to the roof with stuff.  It brightened even more when he realized that my other 2 purchases (ALSO ON SALE!!)  were a bag of almonds and a new cotton shirt, both just for himself. (Still waiting to tell him about the SALE I found on womens wear.....that I took advantage of....actually quite a large advantage of...but you would too........wouldn't you?)

So admit it:  if you had to tell your husband that he had to fit 108 rolls of toilet paper into an all ready over crowded car, wouldn't you too buy him a wee giftie or 2 (ALSO ON SALE!!) to soften the blow?  Well......wouldn't you??  

Despite many appearances to the contrary, I know exactly what I am doing..........

I do know.

Don't I??  


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Hehe:)...yup, I would have stocked up too!