Monday, May 14, 2012

Please Check Out the Following Blog Site

Kait Dugan's wonderful theological blog site contained these excellent thoughts recently. The role of feminism in Christianity has been a hot topic for decades and I love Kait's ideas.
Check it out in its entirety at:  kaitdugan.blogspot.ca
The post is titled: Patriarchy and Kenosis

At times it feels as though I don’t identify with a lot of the language that surfaces in feminist circles. The language of “rights” and “empowerment” are difficult for me to fully grasp, let alone accept. In my mind, the Gospel has no room for language of “rights” since the very notion of what it means to be a disciple is to deny oneself, pick up your cross, and follow Jesus Christ as Lord in life and possibly into death. You can only find your life when you lose it. The Gospel promises liberation, but only once death occurs. Sunday comes after Friday. And so the language of rights creates this space of autonomy and control that the Gospel specifically calls me to forfeit and lay down for the sake of the Kingdom of God.

I apologize if the link to her site isn't working on my blog. Trying to get that reset. So, do take time to type her blog addie into your search engine and read her excellent posts.  
Thanks to Amanda at cheesewearingtheology.com for introducing me to Kait Dugan's site.  Amanda's theological blog is one I truly enjoy.  

No comments: