Thursday, May 31, 2012

Quotes from Jane Austen Novels

Today in the mail I received an itsy bitsy teeny weeny......book of quotes from Jane Austen novels.  

(You thought I was going to say bikini, didn't you?  teehee No friend I have is so cruel as to send me something that would make me feel so conscious of no longer being able to sport such swim wear!)

Anyway it is a very neat mini volume entitled "Jane Austen's Little Instruction Book" and is published by Peter Pauper Press Inc., 2008; edited by Sophie Bedford-PIerce with an introduction by Barbara Paulding.  This short paragraph is larger than the actual book. It is SO cute, so little.  I love it.

So here is to-day's quote and it is from Mansfield Park:
"The enthusiasm of a woman's love is even beyond the biographer's." 


Think about that one....particularly if you are a woman....or maybe a man who is on the receiving end of that kind of love.


These little books can be viewed at the publisher's website:
www.peterpauper.com
 

No comments: