Friday, June 22, 2012

Blububububububub.......

I am tiiiiiired........tiiiiiiired I tell you!  After such a busy week I was looking forward to my day alone today to have a rest, but no such luck.  Tonight my husband has invited the town youth group to our home as part of their progressive dinner.  I need to make Japanese curry for 30 people, and I need to get it going RIGHT NOW!  Aaaarrgh........hoping his absence for the entire day means that I am cooking and he is washing up after the kids leave........yeah.......it is fun to dream.........

If I was at all smart I would get up from this desk and go make the curry so it can set up properly during the day and be at its flavourful best when the kids arrive.  Then I would do the dishes from breakfast....the large sized breakfast we have when we feed overnight guests.  Then I would cover myself with mosquito spray and go out to the back of the lot and whack weeds.  Then I would go to the front yard and attempt to mow down the tall grass that has arisen in the past 10 days of pouring rain. Then I would walk up to the post office and renew our postal box and pick up a waiting parcel.
 
Good thing I'm too tiiiiiiiiiired to be smart today.  Other than the curry and dishes I am doing squat. Surely there is some kind of garbage on tv I can while away the hours vegging in front of.  

As long as I can manage to put on clothes by the time the kids arrive tonight it is all good, right?

 Hey, I did shovel the mud out of the garage this morning; so I haven't wasted the entire day.......not yet........ 

No comments: