Friday, June 1, 2012

New Scarves....YIPPEE!!

It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood!  Lots of downtown chores accomplished, laundry all washed and dried, lunch to make in a few minutes, then out to do the yard work before tomorrow's rain.  

Today Dell unpacked some things that he brought from his mom's house.  Since the family knows I have a bit of a scarf fetish he brought me a dozen of his mother's lovely scarves.  There are solid colours and flowered ones and patterned ones, long ones, short ones, wide ones, skinny ones....what FUN!!  I have washed them and they are sitting on the ironing board to be pressed tomorrow.  I now have about 50 scarves and I love each and every one of them.

There are so many ways to wear them and that is what makes it such fun to have them.  They can be tied in bows, loops, and knots, around necks, wrists, waists, belt loops, boots and ponytails.

Now that I am too old to keep my clothes young and au courant I can enjoy instead all the fun of scarf tying.  The most bland middle aged clothing styles can be perked up and at least somewhat modernized with a scarf or 2.  Scarves can be placed in just the right places to pull attention away from nearly any figure flaw.

Scarves......a ton 'o' fun!!  Thank you Dell's mom for this most recent batch to play with. And now.......LUNCH! Another fun thing to enjoy!   

No comments: