Saturday, June 30, 2012

Those Guilty Pleasures

This afternoon I was talking to someone who, it turns out, reads this little blog.  By the time we were done talking I was feeling kind of odd about her readership.  It seems that there are some people like herself who view reading my blog as their daily guilty pleasure......some otherwise intelligent and well educated people secretly watch soap operas to relax, some read my blog.

I am not sure how I feel about this.........should I be hurt?  Should I be offended?  What do her comments say about the readers who openly admit to reading this blog and gettting the occasional bona fide chuckle from it? Should THEY be hurt?  Should THEY be offended? 

AND more importantly what does her admission to reading my blog say about her, herself?  

VERDICT:  if reading my blog is a guilty pleasure for the well educated intellectual, so be it.  Better those readers than none at all!  ENJOY!  

Oh.........note to my guilty pleasure admitting friend:  Your secret is safe with me.....I'll never tell......

What do you mean I just did tell??  I didn't even mention your name.....teehee 


2 comments:

chris e. said...

Helping someone unwind from a busy stressed out life isn't easy, so in my opinion you deserve top marks! Who wouldn't prefer a 'guilty pleasure' read over something so grim you can't even read it before bed? Not mentioning your previous post by name you understand.

Susan said...

Awwww shucks ma'am. Thank yuh!