Monday, December 31, 2012

A Happy Happy New Year To Me!

I don't know what the new year will hold for us, but the old year is going out gangbusters for a people person like myself.

Last night I had a great phone chat with a Moose Jaw BFF.  Today I had calls from a Vancouver Island BFF and an Alberta BFF.  This afternoon I had a wonderful surprise visit from other dear Alberta friends travelling through our town and we had a great visit.  Several emails came in this morning from friends in other provinces and tonight one of my most favourite people of all time called me from Moose Jaw.

My husband ordered in a chicken/mushroom/green pepper/black olive/fresh tomato pizza for dinner and we watched our favourite New Years Eve television programmes this evening. We are going to end our time together playing silly video games and snacking....after he does just a bit more work over at the church of course. haha  If there actually is "no rest for the wicked" then pastors like my husband must be wicked indeed! hohoho

Now if I could just locate my mother to wish her a Happy New  Years Eve I would be happy.  It is very unusual that she is not at home at this time of night.  It is possible she was invited out for the evening and decided to go.  It is possible the illness related lock down at the hospital where Dad is has been lifted and someone was able to take her over for an evening visit.  It is possible something bad is going down with my dad's condition and her next call will bear bad tidings.

But for now it has been a happy happy entry into the new year and I will very much enjoy thinking about my day!

PS Mom just called. She has indeed been out gallivanting with friends.....I am delighted for her!! She saw dad today as the lock down ended and he is about the same as ever, no worse, so that is as good as it gets for now.

2 comments:

bullwinkle said...

新年明けましておめでとうございます!

Susan said...

Akemashite Omedetou Gozaimasu to you as well!!