Thursday, February 7, 2013

Curator of Extraordinary Things

Had a good walk at our new town indoor walking track this afternoon and am feeling really energized....at least as energized as I ever get.........hohoho!!

Saw a television commercial that made me laugh.  It is an ad for Chatelaine Magazine and the opening line is, "Wouldn't it be nice if there were a curator of extraordinary things?".  

The reason I laughed so hard is because in my mind there all ready is such a curator and it is my son!  He is curating a 3rd event in a series of performance art events for the OR Gallery in Vancouver and it will be almost as wild as the first two I am certain.

The show is put on in collaboration with Simon Fraser  University Woodward's and SFU Vancity Office of Community Engagement.

The featured artists are Vancouver/Montreal based Ian Wyatt, as well as Lief Hall, Melissa Paget and Lauryn Youden.  

If you enjoy noise music, performance art and experimental videos and you live in the Vancouver area check out this latest "Clamour and Toll:  Dreams" extravaganza.

It takes place at the Djavad Mowafaghian World Art Centre, 149 West Hastings on Feb. 16 at 8pm.

For more information on the performances and the artists visit: elibornowsky.com

2 comments:

Penny said...

wow - interesting topic! what a challenge for Eli to be a curator of such a eclectic show!

I have to admit, that when I read the first paragraph. my mind very quickly stated that there is a curator of extraordinary things and that is my Heavenly Father.......wow!
that could be a very deep conversation piece, that one.

Susan said...

O yes, on the spiritual plane that is certainly true...and far more extraordinary things than even Eli is dealing with, eh? hahaha