Sunday, June 23, 2013

I Won't Ever Stay Up Half The Night Again When We Have An Early Morning Church Service......

....I won't I won't I won't I won't I won't I won't!!!!  

After sitting up until after 1am visiting this morning and having to wake up and get moving before 7am so we could get to our first church service, I am absolutely wilted fourteen hours later.

Do you ever feel like you are so tired you can barely push one foot ahead of the other all day; have the feeling that your  head has swollen to twice the size and weight, making it far too heavy for your neck to cheerfully support; feel your sinuses pounding, neck muscles aching, eyes burning and vision fuzzy, brain disengaged no matter how strenuously you try to follow conversations?  That has been my day today.

Despite the stress of attempting to keep going for the entire day, including a 4 hour pastoral visit in a town way to the west of us that encompassed the late afternoon and evening hours, it has been a really good day: successful pastoral visits of several kinds, a chance to share in worship with our visiting friends, fun visits during church coffee hour, fabulous meals provided by others with not so much as a dish that I was responsible to wash....caramel cake....it has been a day of pure joy.  

Perhaps we will be permitted to sleep in a bit tomorrow.  Perhaps the diocesan "fundraiser  financial company marketer interviewer" that is coming to the church tomorrow to do interviews about whether or not our diocese is in a position to begin a capital campaign will NOT call at 8am to gain access to the church for her interviews with our parishioners and my husband.  Perhaps he will get a partial day off on his day off this week,

I am going to put some serious time into bleaching and ironing the church towels and tablecloths we used for the wine tasting event.  It is the sort of mindless task I enjoy doing when I am this tired.  It makes me feel like I have accomplished something but without having to put more than minimal thought and effort into the project.

So, I won't ever stay up half the night again when we have an early morning church service....
I won't I won't I won't I won't I won't I won't.........
Well...........until the next time...........

No comments: