Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Favourite Potato Salad

I love potato salad.  For the past few summers I have been tinkering with my recipe to make it more interesting and flavourful.  Today I finally hit the jackpot!  If you like potato salad, give this one a try.

Sue's Views Potato Salad Extravaganza (for a large group dinner)

Peel, cut and boil to cook 12 medium sized potatoes. Drain, allow to cool then mash to creamy smoothness. Add a large pinch of salt and a pinch of freshly ground pepper.

Prepare 8 hard boiled eggs, shell and cut into 8ths.  Put into a large mixing bowl.
Add to the mixing bowl:
2 medium peeled and grated carrots
6 diced radishes
6 medium diced dill pickles
4 finely chopped green onions
1/2 cup hot dog mustard
1/2 cup dill pickle brine
1 cup (or to taste) real mayonnaise
1/4 cup commercial salad herb mix

Add contents of mixing bowl to the mashed potatoes.  Mix well.

To serve, place salad in fancy bowl of choice. 
Sprinkle top of salad generously with red paprika and freshly chopped dill.

2 comments:

chris e. said...

Wow! This is a recipe like no other! How many incarnations did it take to get it into its final form? I will make a downsized version to try.

Susan said...

It took about 8 tries to get it the way I like it. Potato salad is kind of a personal preference I think....like beer or wine or pizza. I love this one but other people will make their own tweaks on it.