Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I Am Turning Into A Little Old Woman....Sigh....

On my most recent clothes shopping trip I purchased 2, TWO, cardigan sweaters.  Not only did I purchase them, I have worn them both so often they have each had to be washed all ready....twice!  The sweaters are identical, just in two different colours.

Cardigan sweaters....right up there with rubber boots in my mind when it comes to fashion.......worn by aging, eucalyptus odored aunties.....felt hatted church ladies in shapeless scuff sleeved wool coats, sweater sleeves hanging out beyond coat sleeves and brushing their arthritic knuckles while they spewed pepperminted breath in my direction during the sermons....grandma in the garden on  windy days clutching her sweater around her middle with one hand and pulling weeds out of dried grey soil with the other, ...these are my childhood memories and impressions of cardigan sweaters.

And now I have them....2, TWO, of them.....two identical sweaters in two different colours....each worn so often in the past month that they have both needed to be washed twice all ready.....


Ehhhhh?  What's that you say dearie?   

Sigh......

No comments: