Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Is My Imagination Working Overtime or Am I Getting Healthier?

I woke up at about 6:30am to take the garbage bin out to the curb.  This morning I felt differently than I have most mornings in the past couple of months and realized that it was because there was no pain happening in the glands in my neck.  Hmmmm......I assumed I was imagining it, but felt hopeful...so hopeful in fact that I was conscious of my entire self starting to relax.  I went back to sleep for over an hour, which is nearly unheard of for me once I am so completely awake.  If the dental office hadn't called at 8:18am to confirm my appointment for tomorrow I might still be asleep.  

So far though so good.  My neck is a bit stiff, but most of the pain is gone...for the first time in over 2 months....was there a salivary blockage that finally unblocked itself as I slept?  The lumps are much smaller, MUCH smaller.  2 of them have disappeared since bedtime last night.  My sinuses and ear have unblocked themselves as well.

I am trying not to get too excited just in case this is only a break in the action and the pain will return later, or show up elsewhere.  However, for now it is amazing and energizing to be nearly pain free.  Eating breakfast didn't set off the pain again.  Talking on the phone didn't either.   Long may it last!

I changed my bed linens, made a creative breakfast for myself (who says you can't eat tacos stuffed with salad for breakfast??), did some tidying up, folded some laundry and now I am going to wash and vacuum floors and clean the bathrooms.  Actual energy is happening for the first time in weeks.

But I'm not cancelling my doctor's appointment scheduled for next week.

No comments: