Saturday, September 14, 2013

One More Sleep

Tomorrow after church we are heading off to seminary for my husband's second week of annual Diocesan study leave.  He is taking another Old Testament course and  I am not auditing this time.  I will read the textbooks later on.  Just not feeling well enough to concentrate on academics right now.  Instead I have a busy social schedule planned with friends in the area.  I can't wait!  For me it will be a bit of a mini-holiday to start making up for our thwarted summer break.  My husband views taking a theological course much like a holiday anyway, so he is happy as well.

One nice thing for me is that I will likely  have little to zero internet access this coming week.  It is a relief.  I like to take a complete internet break a couple of times a year so I don't feel like I am honour bound to report my every move day to day. I am actually a far more private person than many of my friends and family realize. There is so much I don't say in emails and blogs and phone calls. When people want to know every detail of where I am or why I haven't answered their emails and phone calls in less than 24 hours I feel kind of trapped or stalked or something.  After a break from all things internet for a week or so I feel like I have regained control of my own life.

I don't know why I feel that way sometimes.  I just do.  It is part of the reason I don't have any social networking going on other than this blog, no Facebook nor Twitter nor anything like that.  (the other part is that when friends tell me some of the things they have shared with other friends on social networks it all seems so inane that I have no interest in it....my own inane blithering on my blog and the ensuing comments and other conversations is enough for me in the arena of social networking)

So, a nice break away from all the usual electronic relating is just what I need at the moment.  It is time to regroup, regain perspective, regain appreciation for what the internet does to keep me connected with friends and relatives who are geographically far away from me.

Maybe it is because I have been feeling so wretched for such a long time.  Ever since I was a small child my response to illness has been to pull away and be alone until I am healed and whole again.  The internet and telephone have been really helpful for garnering prayer support and getting some good suggestions from friends about how to deal with these illnesses.  But I am tired of talking about my health now.  I am bored with it.  There is nothing of interest happening these days and so health is all I have to talk about.  BORING!

B-O-R-I-N-G!!!!  

So here's to an internet free week. Hopefully when I return home I will have something to say that is actually of interest and doesn't involve a tidal wave of health issues.

Have a great week everyone...talk to you soon!

No comments: