Sunday, January 19, 2014

And While We're On The Subject.....

Yesterday's dance marathon reminded me of some of the songs and choruses we danced to at my church youth events years and years and years and years (okay, you get the idea) ago!

There were umpteen verses to most of the songs and now mostly I only remember the choruses, but the joyful memories are intact.

I remember jigging about during "free style" worship times and praising God to:

1. Lord of the Dance by Sydney Carter
Dance dance wherever you may be.
I am the Lord of the dance, said He!
And I'll lead you all, wherever you may be,
And I'll lead you all in the dance, said He!

2. The Dancing Heart by Roy Turner
O the Holy Ghost will set your feet a-dancin'
The Holy Ghost will fill you through and through.
O the  Holy Ghost will set your feet a-dancin'
And set your heart a dancing too!

3.  Dance Children by Leon Patillo
Dance children, dance children
Dance unto Me.
Dance children, dance children,
I have set you free.

Yup, it was a simpler, more innocent, less uptight time in my life before all the issues of human beings, doctrines, judgement, righteous living and the like disturbed my peace of mind and interrupted my spirit.  Jesus was just Jesus, Son of God, Saviour, Prince of Peace, worthy of praise by my entire being.  I am so glad I had a few years of that before life and its painful realities intruded.  That time gave me a solid base to my relationship with God and carried me through the intervening years of struggle that have brought me back to a place of peace today....less innocent, more complicated, more knowledgeable, more discerning, hopefully more mature, but definitely a place of peace.  

Hallelujah! Dance On!!

No comments: