Friday, February 21, 2014

Shopping Encouragement

Today I went to our little shopping mall and while my husband was engaged in tech talk at the computer store I went into a couple of the clothing stores.  Usually I don't bother as they don't carry larger sizes, but today it hit me that in the spring I will be able to shop for regular sized women's wear...at long last.  

I went into one shop in particular that was quite reasonably priced and has nicer things than the other run of the mill women's wear retailers here.  For the first time in years I actually felt happy contemplating the possibilities for buying clothes.....it's a miracle!!!

Maybe I was particularly encouraged today because I tried on my spring motorcycle jacket and wow, it fits SO well now that I have lost weight.  It fit before but barely.  It has a rather nice belt mid section and instead of just getting the first notch in the belt done up, I am now in notch number 4!  YAY!!!  Oh, I still have 25 pounds to go to reach my goal weight, but if I continue with the proper diet and exercise, I may actually get there in another couple of months.  I told my husband if that motorcycle jacket gets to be too large for me, after spending so much money on it just at the end of last summer, he has to save it and bury me in it so the money won't be wasted!!!

Wow, excited about clothes shopping....it has been SO long.

No comments: