Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Don't Cry Because It's Over. Smile Because It Happened!

I suspect most of us can look back on our lives and remember the friends, romantic partners, co-workers, aquaintances and others who came into our lives, initially bearing joy and happiness but eventually leaving us again and sometimes with a trail of sorrow in their wake.

I got thinking today about some of those people in my life and I had to smile a secret smile to myself.  Every person who came into my life and then moved on brought something special into my life.  When it ended, for whatever reason, the good things that occurred as a result of knowing each of those people stayed with me, helping to form who I am and to give me the preciousness of memories. 

Many people have entered my life and left it again, leaving me with memories to pull out on a day when I have time to reminisce about former times.   Some of the memories are not happy ones, but each person that came and went left some measure of joy behind for me to remember.  Those are the things I choose to remember about each person who has touched my life.

No comments: