Friday, June 13, 2014

And the Winner is......

....an allergy based sinus infection.  It is no wonder with the winds howling for most of the past week.  Prairie winds can knock a person right over when you are standing out in the open.  

I am still allergy sensitive from last year's medicinal reaction debacle, although compared to a year ago I am doing so much better.  Just went for my long walk outside, again the wind is strong and have arrived home with my arms covered in small allergy welts.  The wind has dried out the landscape rather thoroughly and all the people I know here in town who also suffer from respiratory and skin allergies, asthma etc. are really suffering this spring.

I have lived in 3 rural towns in my life.  In all 3 instances I have spent most of my time there ill with various allergy induced illnesses.  I am getting very tired of it, I have to admit.

Despite the industrial pollution associated with large cities, my health has always thrived in any I have lived in.  My allergies within a month of moving out of rural areas begin to improve dramatically.  Go figure, eh?  So, not sure if our week in humid, warm Vancouver in April helped me or hindered me once I returned home.

The human body is a contradiction of strength and weakness. We are indeed "fearfully and wonderfully made." (Psalm 139:14)

No comments: