Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fa La La La La Etcetera.....

"Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm."
--Winston Churchill

Good thing, especially today for both my husband and I!

My dear husband drove over to the seniors' manor to do a Bible study and came away without his hat. He had all ready reached the hospital to do morning visits, but decided it best to return to the manor right away to get his lost item.  Back to the hospital he drove, did a communion and some visiting, then returned to the car to discover his keys locked inside.  Home he walked, borrowed my keys and headed back to the hospital to get the car.  By the time lunch time arrived he was all ready exhausted, but he has to get a move on to drive down to our other church for a vestry meeting and some other visting this evening.

I started off the day enthusiastically.  In fact I was a bit too enthusiastic when I arrived at the dentist's office all ready for my cleaning procedure. When I put my coat and purse onto the wall rack I was so jazzed that I put too much weight on the purse handles and pulled the rack right out of the wall.  Drywall dust was everywhere.....sigh....  My dental technician laughed until I thought she would fall down!  I didn't laugh at all.  Sigh.....

My morning improved from there though.  After a short session in the dental chair I walked downtown and did some necessary banking, was able to get a prescription refill I thought I was going to have to fight for, found some soda my husband hadn't been able to yet locate here in town and when I walked into the laser clinic to make an appointment they had just had a cancellation and took me immediately.  Very cool!  My hair dresser is able to cut my hair exactly when I want it cut next week, also very unexpected and cool!!

So now my poor exhausted husband is about to leave for the next set of today's ministry duties and I am going to watch a movie I have been wanting to see for a long time. Tomorrow and Friday will be laundry and packing days for our next trip out of town this weekend.  With all this travelling the weeks are flying by!  Soon the dreaded snow will once again be upon us, but for now we are taking every opportunity to be on the road out of town before the storms arrive.

No comments: