Monday, October 20, 2014

'Flu' Shot With a Pneumonia Shot Chaser

So glad to get our 'flu' shots out of the way today. Neither my husband nor myself have had them previously. No pain at the site of injection for either of us and the soreness of the arm muscles is minimal.  

As a diabetic I also received a free pneumonia vaccination.  My husband would have had to pay for his as  he too is under the age of 65.  What a great country we live in as far as access to vaccinations against various illnesses.  I realize we have some pretty severe problems with our health care system, as do other countries in the world, but to be well taken care of for such shots as we had today is pretty great.

The arm where I received my pneumonia vaccination is sore, but it is a small price to pay for this kind of protection.

No comments: