Thursday, October 2, 2014

Hair and There

You would think someone my age would have figured out by now how to deal with their own head of hair, wouldn't you? But, o no, not me.  I have fought all my life with dry, obstinately wavy, frazzled looking hair.  I thought I had it made in the '70's with the move to PH balanced shampoos and they did help somewhat, but not enough.

Through many haircuts, styles and perms I have all ready come, each looking temporarily better than the one before, but never lasting very long before a return to fried ugly on top of my head.  I've had hot oil treatments, half perms, hair reconstructors, waxes, mousses, gels, spray mists, frizz reducers, conditioning hair sprays, natural oils and every conditioner known to man, but nothing has ever worked.

FINALLY at my last haircut my stylist made the simplest of suggestions. She told me to try using my shampoo and then some reconstructor, followed by conditioner that I should leave on for about 45 minutes before rinsing out.  I decided to try it, hang the inconvenience of the time involved.

BINGO!!!!  I have done it 3 times now and my hair has lost its frizz, doesn't need but the lightest of hairspray spritzes on a windy day and stays flat and styled between washings.  

How easy is that?  Why have I never heard of this before?  Thank you Becky for your sage advice.  I thank you, my husband thanks you and everyone that has to look at my hair every day thanks you!!  

No comments: