Thursday, October 9, 2014

I Know How Alexander Felt On His Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

Today has been a very sad day as far as news from several friends.  My heart is aching for all of them.

Someone we know was accused of and confessed to an horrendous crime.  There will definitely be a jail term in the offing once the case has gone through the courts.

Another friend just received a diagnosis of ALS, "Lou Gehrig's Disease", after several months of physical problems and wondering what on earth was wrong.

This morning a farm accident claimed all the fingers on the hand of another friend.

By 3pm today I was scared to answer the phone because I wasn't sure what bad news I was going to hear next.  I don't think it was an accident that the leader of one of our Diocesan prayer groups phoned me earlier today and shared some of her prayer ideas.  Believe me, they will be put to good use in the coming weeks.

No comments: