Thursday, October 2, 2014

Itsy Bitsy Snowfllakes

I woke up at 7:30am absolutely ravenous, so jumped out of bed to get breakfast on the go. I opened the kitchen blinds and there, staring me in the face, was a mini blizzard of mini snowflakes.  They stormed down for about 10 minutes, mixed with a few rain drops and then the weather cleared off.  I was too hungry to go outside and stand in the first snowflakes of the season, as I usually do...one of my few personal rituals, but it kind of shook me up to see them even from the warm safety of the indoors.

The sky is still overcast and there may be more flakes hidden in the clouds that will descend later on, but I am very glad I didn't miss that first bit of snow.  

The high temperature today is only to be +4C, quite a shock to the system after last week's consistant daily highs of +33C!!

People wonder why I and others from the prairies talk about the weather so much.  It is because it rules our every move, our every decision about daily activities and it can change so quickly that plans can be scuttled or expanded with very little notice and time to think about planning for the changes.

The rest of this week's forecast is somewhat brighter for warmth and dryness, so hopefully that will become a fact as the days go by.

No comments: