Monday, December 1, 2014

Why I Fear For The Millenial and Subsequent Generations

The following article sums up some of my fears for future generations.  I am old enough to have watched it all start to happen over the past 20 years or more and I think we are in for a bad "go" due to our own lack of understanding of the moral compass missing through our refusal to consider the proper utilization in our home lives of psychology, sociology, philosophy, religion and family traditions.  The "barbarians at the gate" are indeed our own children and in our blatant self-interest and refusal as parents to sacrifice our own desires in order to raise them ourselves, we have allowed them to be raised in a sibling society, by their peers, without going to the effort to instill world, community and family values in their psyches.  Now we are all paying the price of our insistence on individualism and our focus as their parents on "me, myself and I".  This is a good little article about same:

http://www.mercatornet.com/articles/view/are_character_strengths_enough

No comments: