Sunday, April 26, 2015

Veggie Chopping and an Excellent Movie

I was bored yesterday afternoon so decided to make a great huge dinner so my husband could eat heartily after a long day of working at home and in the office.  I decided on a stir fry, but wasn't looking forward to all the time it takes cleaning and chopping up vegetables.

So, I put my tv onto the Rock Anthem station and as the tunes played on I chopped the veggies in time to Run DMC, Stone Temple Pilots, Kiss, Aerosmith and Def Leppard.  O wow, it's been awhile since I blasted my ears out with any of those groups. haha  Never have vegetables been chopped with such frenzy as I chopped them yesterday.  The time certainly flew by.  Once again I am grateful for the somewhat decent soundproofing between our unit and the one next to us!! No doubt our neighbours are as well!!!

I also put together a side dish for my husband of various types of mushrooms, including his favourite enoki 'shrooms.  He was delighted and I felt good for taking the extra time to do it.

In the evening we rented "The Imitation Game".  I didn't know if we would enjoy it or not as we had originally gone looking for a comedy on our Maxtv rental station.  So happy we picked this movie as, although it is a serious drama, there is a lot of good British wit in the script.  We enjoyed the performances by Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley very much.  It has been awhile since we have seen a movie we could wholeheartedly recommend to others.

Of course it would not be a proper Saturday evening without watching a boxing match or two on HBO.  Last night we really enjoyed watching Sadam Ali vs Francisco Santana.  It was a most interesting match in that Ali was obviously the better technical boxer, but spent all 10 rounds backing up and backing up and backing up as Santana continued to advance, stay up close and move Ali into the ropes time and time again.  We were too tired to stay awake for the main event, but have it recorded to see today.  Last night's undercard was one of the most interesting we have seen in awhile.  It is going to be hard to discipline myself to refrain from watching the Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao fight live on PPV.  hahaha My dear husband would flip out if I spent that kind of money on a televised fight.  Manny's my favourite boxer but a couple of Russians are right on his rear bumper as second and third choices for faves.

Awaiting an email update from Pete on Mary's condition but we are not certain she has lived through a second night of being unable to breathe and unable to clear the congestion in her throat.  What hell ALS is for the sufferer and the long suffering family as well.  O Lord, may it all end soon if it hasn't all ready.

No comments: