Saturday, May 9, 2015

A Word To The Wise.....

If you purchase a fly swatter FIRST on your shopping mall excursion, remember to have the cashier place it into a bag.  If you wander into ladies clothing stores carrying a fly swatter in your bare hands it leads to all manner of confused and terrified looks on the part of the other shoppers, (the looks I am sure a lady I used to see on the streets in Calgary received as she wandered about the downtown core sporting a whiskey Five Star on the back of her head and waving a car aerial about like a wand, poor soul...), and too many time consuming stories from middle aged store clerks who want to ignore the paying customers long enough to regale you with unwanted stories about their winters in Texas where they couldn't find fly swatters strong enough to deal with all the miserable flies they had to contend with.....sigh.....

My new gadget for the kitchen is a wonderful invention: it is a little plastic tray arrangement that sits in the bottom of the sink and catches all the potato and carrot peelings etc.  When I am done hacking at the vegetables, I simply lift the entire tray out of the sink and deposit the peelings into the garbage instead of having to scrape the danged things out with my bare hands and making a huge mess, not only of my hands, but all over the bottom of the sink.  With the new catch tray I don't even have to wash out the sink afterward.  Nothing from the peelings comes in contact with it.  LOVE IT!  I just wipe off the tray and put it away.  I have to confess I purchased it at my favourite kitchen store to deflect my temptation to buy an absolutely gorgeous china service for eight, that was on sale...a really GOOD sale....AND dishwasher safe, so I could actually use the one in my kitchen....but I didn't.  I was a good girl and settled for an eight dollar catch tray.  Are ya' prouda me?? I sure as heck am proud of me!!

No comments: