Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Continuing Good Medical News and Almost Raining

The results of my 6 month blood work and other lab tests were in today and all the news is good!  My A1C is exactly the same number as it has been for the past 3 tests and my cholesterol is within normal range..okay, it is getting close to the highest end of normal range, but at least it is still in that range and I know I can work on it even harder than I have been. (Thank you Jesus for oatmeal!!)  All my liver function tests are as good as they have ever been and my blood oxygen level problems have righted themselves with a small change in diet over the past 6 months.  I have a small concern about the numbers for sodium content in my urine as the number is the highest one allowable in the normal range but I am certain I can address that immediately and deal with it.  All in all my new doctor is very pleased and so am I!  YIPPEE!!!

On the way home from my appointment some huge splattery drops of rain fell on me and I got all excited that finally we were going to see some decent moisture here.  Unfortunately the huge drops lasted for all of 15 seconds ( yes, I counted) and that was the end of it.  Sigh.....  The original forecast for tomorrow was for showers, but I haven't bothered looking at it again this afternoon.  It will all be different by morning anyway.  I have a lot of ground to cover on foot tomorrow, but if it does happen to be in the rain it will simply be a great excuse to wear my beautiful raincoat.  Hair appointment tomorrow morning at the Cornwall Centre, so that means lunch at my favourite Zam Zam's...shwarma chicken salad...not the way to deal with sodium issues, but, hey, ya' know how it goes..........YIPPEE!! I will put a sodium free rub on tonight's bassa fish and convince myself that tomorrow I can enjoy more sodium...hohoho.....

My husband and I have decided he will take more Mondays off work if at all possible as it is the best date day in this city.  The restaurants at noon are nearly deserted compared to all the other days of the week and noon meals are definitely less expensive, more salads available than at dinner on many menus.....o how I have learned to truly love salads!!

No comments: