Friday, September 11, 2015

A Breath of Fresh Air....Aaaaahhhhh, So Good!

Yesterday I had two sets of company drop in and I had to "walker myself" out to the back porch to direct them where to park.  The warm, rich autumn air filled me with such joy it was almost surreal!  After being cooped up in a hospital room, even for the few days that I was over this past week, the fresh air seemed almost too luxurious to breathe.  For the first time since we moved in here, I was grateful for the parking lot difficulties.  I am going to get myself outside again a couple of times today as well so that I can take as full advantage as possible of the last warm days before the temperature plunges on the weekend.  I felt so giddy I was almost praying my gratitude for the air.

Found a couple of cute sayings in a email forward that came to me a few days ago:  I am not a fan of  forwards as a rule, but this one had a couple of cute statements that tickled me:

1.  I wonder if clouds ever look down and say, "Hey, look!  That one is shaped like an idiot!

2.  There comes a time when you have to stop crossing oceans for people who wouldn't jump a puddle for you.  (as a Christian I think there is actually more truth to this one than we want to admit sometimes...sometimes the most loving thing we can actually do for someone is to step out of their way, out of their lives, and let the Lord do what needs to be done for them)

A friend lent me a book about food.  It is a compilation of paragraphs and statements about foods and tastes and food philosophies gleaned from literary works from the 1700's to the present day.  I have to read it in small chunks, but as I read I will post a few of my faves over the coming days.  Since I just started it last night and I was tired, I am a bit fuzzy as to what exactly I read, so will take another peak at it tonight and find some "goodies" (pardon the pun) to post. 

It is nearly 10am.  I have had one lovely phone call all ready this morning from a friend on the Island out west and am planning to call a friend in Ontario after her lunch hour.  I am still upstairs here at my computer and don't want to disturb my husband again just yet, so will do a couple of emails before asking him to assist me in heading downstairs for the rest of the day.  My husband is taking his day off today,  but is enjoying writing an article for our national church website rather than cleaning up the place, doing dishes etc.  He has been so helpful I want to stay up here for awhile yet before I disturb him again...since he has brought me breakfast in bed for the past 2 days I think it is the least I can do, right? haha  This afternoon we are going to do dishes; I will wash and he will dry and put away. Tidying up the place will make us both feel less crabby while this healing process takes place.

Hope you all have a great day today. 

No comments: