Tuesday, September 1, 2015

And Life Goes On As Usual

My husband returned to work this morning after a full month off.  I will miss having him around all day and the spontaneous day trips for shopping and local sight seeing.

However, it is time to get some routine back into our lives.  Neither of us had any trouble with the alarm going off at 6:30am, my husband was excited to get back to work and see his colleagues, I know I am going to feel less sluggish and lazy with better regulated meal times and having to plan most of my week in advance once I find out what days the car is available to me.

I am about to get started on the long neglected housework to mark the end of my part of the Holiday Time.  As long as I don't get interrupted I may just accomplish some good work today.

I need to call a local "friend of a friend" and arrange delivery of a package to her from one of the camper wives from AB.  There is a birthday party for another friend here in town on Saturday, so there is something fun and social to look forward to at the end of the week.  Company is coming for an overnight next week, another similar visit is happening at the end of this month, we have family and friends we want to invite over for dinner throughout September....oh how lovely to have an actual social schedule that needs arranging!!  I am delighted!

Had a lovely "farewell to summer holidays" dinner at Bushwakker's last night.  I had the always fabulous taco salad with beef and what my husband's steak sandwich lacked in size of steak it more than made up for with the accompanying spinach salad, that included sliced cherry tomatoes, sauteed fresh mushrooms and onions and smoked gouda chunks.  Such reasonable prices will keep bringing us back.  I am finding that with the popularity of salads in recent years, the prices have climbed to ridiculous heights for nothing very fabulous. Bushwakker's thus far is my favourite exception.  The dinner made up for the horrible buffet we had on Sunday at a pub that shall remain nameless.  Yeeeeuck!!!  We wouldn't have eaten it, but by the time we got to the restaurant my hunger was so great I couldn't face leaving and attempting to find something else open in the area.

So, holidays ended on a postive note and I am now inspired to get to work around here.

No comments: