Thursday, September 3, 2015

Best Chicken Burger in Regina!

After a hectic morning of shopping on the east side, I stopped for lunch at a little restaurant on Quance that I hadn't noticed before:  Breakfast Bistro!  Oooo yummy, I am so glad I finally found the place.

It is a family run bistro with lots of delicious looking breakfast foods, but also some lovely salads and burgers.  The menu is smaller but the prices are EXCELLENT!!!  Nearly everything on the menu is made by the family, there on the premises.  Delish!

I ordered the home made chicken burger with a caesar salad.  The salad was so delicious...not dripping with dressing and with the addition of pumpkin seeds and paper thin slices of fresh apple in amongst the healthy portion of parmesan slivers.  The burger itself was HUGE.  It more than covered the toasted pretzel bun (and yes, I was a good little diabetic and only ate half the bun, even though it was my favourite kind).  The chicken patty was filled with herbs, covered in melted cheese, with arugula below, tomato, avocado on top.....oooh, it was the nicest meal and only $14.95!  The portions were so large for that price!  Definitely a place I will return to and take husband and friends with me!  It is only open for breakfast, lunch and afternoon coffee, 8am to 5pm. 

After checking to find out there were no corn products in the home made cinnamon buns and baklava, I purchased some of those for my husband.  I think he will be pretty happy with them.

After such a busy morning, I was really ready to sit down and enjoy such a lunch.  Yay, another new and excellent restaurant here in my own city!

No comments: