Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Brrrrr...Chatter, Chatter, Chatter.....

This morning I awoke to a freezing cold bedroom and discovered our 7am temperature to be -3C!  That means it was even colder during the night.  

Why does it seem that it is way too early for the night time temperatures to be dipping so low?  Maybe it is because our summer took so long to arrive and was so short and so hot. Maybe it is because I am never prepared for the onset of autumn and winter, ever, during any year.

All I know is that I am sitting here shivering in my nightgown and housecoat and deciding on what the warmest, toastiest (pardon the pun), breakfast is that I could prepare for myself today.

I am happy that I survived well my first night alone with my crutches, no problems. Company from out of town is coming later this morning and tonight I am still hoping to feel up to going to the refugee dinner, but will see how it goes today.

Time for some brekkie and a warm sponge bath.  Once my husband gets home and purchases a "roll bar" as I call them for the tub I will able to shower and wash my hair properly once again.  It always feels so luxurious, that first shower after surgery.  Can't wait!

No comments: