Friday, September 18, 2015

O Happy Happy Happy Day!

Today was a glorious day!  I GOT THE HECK OUT OF HERE FOR THE AFTERNOON!!

The weather was warm and calm, a perfect day for the beginning of the autumn.  After a couple of days of rain, everything on the ground was dry so it was safe for me to get outside and into the car.  

I enjoyed the car ride to a couple of banks where my husband joined the Friday lineups to pay bills while I sun bathed in the passenger seat of the car.  

Then the highlight: lunch out at my favourite Breakfast Bistro.  My chicken and caesar salad were delicious as usual, but they could have fed me charred cardboard and I would have loved it.  Just getting out for the first time in two weeks was amazing.

After lunch we stopped at the water outlet for some large jugs of bottled water and then drove over to the regional health offices to pay my ambulance bill, which was less than half of what I was expecting it to be!  YAY!

I have been faithfully checking my blood sugar and am delighted it is right back to where it was before this whole accident happened.  Cutting my carbs per meal to 1/2 or 2/3 at most of what I was eating while I was completely mobile has been very successful for me.

All in all a grand day!  I am so grateful for it....AND for my dear husband who spent the rest of the day doing laundry.  I spent the evening folding and hanging up.  Perhaps tomorrow I will attempt to set up the ironing board and press a couple of things.  Now that I am becoming more active it is time to start getting dressed and looking human again....sigh....it will be so hard to give up lazing around all day in the old pj's......

No comments: