Saturday, October 24, 2015

No Go....

My husband I got to sleep very late last night. He was ravenous when he got home from Synod at about 10:30pm, so we were awake for another hour while he ate and told me all about how well things went all day. Our billet friend walked in the door, said he had a great day, and went straight to bed!

Off the men went again before 8am. I am going to treat myself to a personal spa day here at home: shower, hair, foot massage....yay!

One small disappointment for tomorrow, sigh.... Looking at the Synod schedule for Sunday, I realize I can't go to the church service. Only having one car plus my husband not being able to leave the last of the business meetings that occur for two hours prior to the service to pick me up, him having to remain for at least an hour after it is all over to help take down the Synod set up before he can bring me home for lunch, my need to get to choir practise before I would be able to get there, plus, even if I could arrange rides with other people back and forth, I cannot possibly expect my hip to sit for two hours on a hard church pew, followed by another two hours on the dreadful hard, narrow choir chairs.

In other words, wisdom dictates I stay home tomorrow morning.

Now for my confession: it isn't the service I am as upset about missing as it is not being able to see and fellowship with visiting friends from around the diocese.  O for shame, I know.....

But that's the truth.....

No comments: