Tuesday, November 10, 2015

So Snow All Ready!

I have been waiting for the freezing rain and snow to arrive since I woke up at 6:30am. It is now nearly 3pm and nary a flake nor even a drop has fallen from the sky. Damn and blast!! So let's get it over with. Let's see that moisture all ready! Again I say, LET'S JUST GET IT OVER WITH!!!! AAARRRGGHH!!!

Today's forecast has been on my side....how dare it pick today to be so incorrect?  Oh, I can tell by the sky it is likely still going to turn into winter today at some point, but what an anticlimactic let down when winter at last arrives.

The southwestern corner of our province received nearly 15 centimetres of snow overnight. So, why is the snow taking so long to reach US? Why are all of us who dread winter being tormented like this? This is so unfair, teasing and taunting us with the promise of a first big snow and then leaving us once again in the hope that the snow won't actually materialize....allowing us to remain in deluded denial, shocking us and producing tears in our eyes when at last we cannot deny winter's onset any longer.

So come on then snow and ice...just get here. If you wait until tomorrow to show up then the highways will be too icy for my friend to come into town to have lunch with me. If that happens, stupid snow and ice, I will NOT be happy!!

So there!

No comments: