Sunday, February 21, 2016

Be Sure Your Sins Will Find You Out!

I baked an almond cake for our company who will be arriving momentarily.  Of course, I just HAD to try a piece to be sure I hadn't overcooked it...only an hour after lunch at the peak of my postprandial blood sugar rise.  I knew an hour later I would feel miserable and exactly an hour later I do feel miserable due to my own stupidity, but I just remembered I had not read my daily prayer yet so flipped open the little book to find today's date. Prayer is always a good distraction when feeling miserable from your own silly actions, right?

Here is today's prayer:
"Lord, help me to be a person who takes care of herself.  Help me to make wise decisions and to be a good steward of myself, the "temple" You have given me.  Help me not to abuse my body, but to care for it as You would want me to."

Yup, His eye is indeed "on the sparrow and I know He watches me."  I got caught by the Lord, cheating on my diet.  He doesn't condemn me.  He DOES let me know I have no secrets from Him and He isn't blind.....crap.....

There is nothing more embarrassing than not getting away with something silly and unnecessary, especially when God is the one who taps me on the shoulder and says, "Uh, by the way.....I saw what you did."

Blush......

No comments: