Thursday, February 18, 2016

Timely Little Prayer

In light of the excellent timing of all events surrounding our set up for accommodation for the next year, I thought the wee prayer from my daily prayer book was entirely apropos:

"Lord, thank You for my home. Show me opportunities to open this home to others.  However my home compares with others', I thank You for what I have.  I am grateful that Your Spirit is present here. Give me a generous, open heart, and use my home for Your purposes."

My husband's sister and her husband are arriving here this coming Sunday afternoon.  Although they are staying in a hotel, we will be here at the suite a lot, visiting and having a good time together.  I am looking forward to it and pray I will indeed be moved to be extremely generous to this sister who has been incredibly generous to us over the years.

No comments: