Sunday, March 27, 2016

Another Excellent Daily Prayer

This prayer seems appropriate as we attempt to enter this glorious Easter season expecting new life, new trust in God and joy at remembering Christ's sacrifice on our behalf.  It is not the time to be tempted by fear and doubt:

"Lord, I don't want to be anxious about anything, but so often I am. Right now I release my burdens and cares to You. I give You my heavy heart and my flailing emotions. As I keep my thoughts, actions, and attitudes centered on Jesus, Your peace comes."

Wow..."flailing emotions". That is quite an accurate description of how I feel sometimes.  The picture that comes to mind is of a ball of black shiny string and from the centre of the ball long strings are flying wildly about and each length of string has the name of an emotion printed upon it:  happiness, fear, love, jealousy, hatred, peace, anger, joy....they are all there twisting and jumping about.  What a great picture of that phrase.  It certainly describes me on my worst, most overblown emotional days.  I don't want to have "flailing emotions" at this time of the year. I want to concentrate my thinking upon Jesus' love for me and enjoy watching the spring burst upon the prairies....new life!!  L'chaim!!

No comments: