Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Off the Mailing List!!

In addition to several otherwise honourable groups who raise funds for worthy causes, I have once again requested my name be taken off a mailing list. This time it is the Cancer Research Society.

I was terribly disappointed to receive in today's mail a large envelope from this group that was stuffed full of poor quality birthday cards, more than I could use in three years, even I wanted to use them. There was a cheap pen and four loose sheets of phone pad paper. Sigh.....

It seems I never learn to stop sending donations to fund raising groups whose causes I do believe in.

This time I have finally made the decision. I am finished with donations to good causes. My church will now be the recipient of the extra donations I have been giving other groups. My church does not use my donations to purchase crappy cards and pens, decorative phone pads and stickers.

Enough is enough! A big SORRY to the other groups, but that is the end of my giving to your most noble of causes.

And yes, I AM keeping the crappy cards, pens  and what have you. Why not return them, despite the mailing costs to further make my point? I am keeping them simply because I obviously paid for the stupid things. Although I am unlikely to use any of those items, these shysters are not getting my apparently wasted donation AND their stuff back to pass onto some other innocent dupe!

'Nuff said!

No comments: