Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Dear Lord, It's Supposed To Be Spring!

So why did we have a daytime high of  only +7C?? And why is our overnight low for the next three nights to be -4C? Why did I have to restart the furnace in the merry merry month of May??

Sigh...because I live on the prairies, where it is literally not safe to put any sort of potted plant life out of doors until after the May long weekend, and even then it isn't a guarantee of safety for the poor flora.

Sigh...prairie life....BIG sigh....

AND the electrician never did show up yesterday....or today....AND I have to leave at 7am tomorrow to complete my grocery shopping for the weekend's dinner guests because my husband needs the car later in the morning for work unexpectedly.....AND....my knee is still sore and swollen....

AND people are starving and dying and being tortured and sold into slavery and being killed in accidents and fleeing fires and losing their jobs and committing suicide and being captured and bombed in wars and getting divorced and being diagnosed with terminal illnesses and becoming estranged from their children and and and....

AND I have a great life...even on the bald prairies!!

No comments: