Saturday, May 14, 2016

Poooooooped, But Happy

It is nearly 10pm. Our dinner companions have only recently departed. We had a blast sharing a meal and a visit. As one of them commented: "Usually we only stay an hour and a half at these things. Tonight we stayed more than three hours!" High prairie praise indeed!

Getting to know our parishioners outside of church meetings is important to us. Tonight my husband deliberately posed some questions to our guests designed to draw them out and into a bit more personal reflection. They responded so honestly and openly. It was heartwarming.

Earlier in the afternoon I enjoyed the concert presented by the Regina Womens Chorus. It is nice to know that ten years from now there will be a very good seniors choir I can join. Visiting with other parishioners who attended was a bonus.

Tomorrow I will finish the post dinner clean up. For now I am off to bed to read and relax. Putting my feet up seems an incredible luxury and I am off to enjoy it.

No comments: