Friday, May 13, 2016

Soooo Tired, Soooo Happy!

I have to take a break now before tackling at least forty minutes worth of dishes to wash and dry and put away. All my goals for food prep for tomorrow are DONE and it is only 8pm. Dinner got made and eaten, I took an hour to rest partway through the afternoon and only my throbbing knee lets me know how many hours I have been on my feet.

Yay! The pork loin is cooked in yummy Greek herbs and is slathered in mayonnaise to keep it moist when I reheat it tomorrow evening. Jammed into the refrigerator with the pork is a giant potato salad awaiting the addition of mustard and mayonnaise right before we eat it. The potato salad is filled with chopped hard boiled egg, radishes, green olives, minced carrot, celery and green onions. All the lettuce, cherry tomatoes, avocado, mushrooms and orange peppers have been washed and stand ready  to be chopped and tossed into a fancy pottery bowl and drenched in olive oil and lavender vinegar and fresh ground black pepper. The chocolate almond cake is baked and cooling and the banana sheet cake is nearly ready to come out of the oven, the frozen raspberries thawing for spooning over the top. The pickled cukes are a beautiful, shiny green, the pretzel buns freshly baked....it is hopefully going to be a delicious picnic style feast.

So glad I did all this today. All I have to do before the afternoon concert tomorrow is to set the table and put the serving bowls out at the ready. By Sunday I will be barely functional, but it will be worth it for the fun of participating in this church dinner event!

No comments: