Tuesday, July 12, 2016

My Very Own Amazing Race, haha!

Just before 10 pm I decided to turn off the tv and go to bed. When I tried to turn off the tv nothing worked. I couldn't change the channels, change the volume, access the recorded programmes and I sure as heck couldn't shut the blasted thing off!

The batteries in the remote were dead as ducks....both of them. Sigh.... Faced with the prospect of the now blaring tv being on all night until I could purchase new ones at the store tomorrow vs pulling my clothes out of the hamper and racing off to the late night grocery, the wrinkled clothes were back on my body in record time and I flew out Into the dark parking lot, accidentally wearing my good suede shoes through the teeming rain and freshly mown grass clippings, to my car. Thankfully it started after sitting idle for a couple of days and I got to the store just before it closed its doors. Whew!

I don't want to know what the remaining late night staff thought of this crazed, wrinkled, frantic, frizzy haired old woman as I ran into the store to get those batteries. I looked like a street person!

Thankfully I purchased the right batteries and the tv is now sitting quietly in its corner, all shut off until tomorrow evening. My wrinkled clothes are back in the hamper. My hair is wrapped in a bandana until I can restore it to some semblance of order in the morning.

Now, if I could just get over the restoration of energy brought on by my foray into the stormy night and get to sleep!!

No comments: