Saturday, September 17, 2016

Easy Peasey Stew!!

Well, that stew I mentioned I was going to make with a small pack of beef stir fry strips was absolutely delicious.  I assumed when I made it that there would be at least a small helping left over to send on my husband's lunch to work one day next week, but nope, we ate it all.  It was delicious and SO easy and SO fast!!

I chopped the strips into fairly small pieces and browned them, then added lots of diced onion, chopped carrot and potatoes, diced celery and just a small strip of finely chopped green pepper.  Into that mix I poured about 2tsp. of lower sodium soy sauce, 2 tsp. of yellow mustard and a tablespoon of ketchup.  Once everything was partially cooked I poured RO water over it, covered the stovetop pan with a lid and let it simmer for nearly 2 hours on the big stovetop burner, checking on the water level every so often and topping it up so it wouldn't go dry.

I didn't add any tomato sauce or other flavourings, just let the meat and veggies cook up together with that bit of soy, mustard and ketchup and o my, it was SO tasty good.  Talk about easy to do and prepare. It certainly didn't need any more salt due to the soy sauce and I didn't even need pepper on mine when it was served.

We decided we could eat that fairly often so I will definitely be making it again soon.

No comments: