Saturday, September 10, 2016

So Disappointed

My husband, the Bishop and the Bishop's wife are all out having a delicious steak dinner with the Anglican Primate of Canada. Three minutes before my husband was to arrive at the restaurant I found out I was supposed to be there too.  Due to a text message mixup my husband ended up leaving late from home as well. What a ridiculous situation. I had no time to get my grubby cleaning clothes off and get ready to go, so off my husband raced after getting a call from the Bishop's wife wondering where we were. 

I am getting very tired of what has become a constant string of miscommunications that leave both my husband and myself unaware that I am to be present at certain meetings and social events. Looking back on the various events I have missed out on due to lack of communication, I am tempted to feel angry and invisible. So far I haven't given in to the temptation, but wow...sitting here alone with leftover ground turkey and corn chips doesn't cut it when I could be eating a medium rare steak and Yorkshire pudding with friends!

Well, rather than get angry, I am going to go put on my jammies, crawl into bed with a good book to read and have a little pity party here on my own. My husband is furious things turned out this way....again.....so I suspect the issue of inter office communications will be a big topic at next week's staff retreat. hahahaha 

It is amazing to me how easily I get over these sorts of disappointments. Just confessing my disappointment here on this blog is all ready helping me put on my Big Girl Pants and get over it. 

No comments: