Thursday, September 15, 2016

What a Difference a Diet Makes

It has been fascinating over the past nearly three years to see how my blood pressure has come down post diabetes diagnosis. It has gone down from an average of 151/100 to an average measure of 100/63. This morning I took it right after my grocery shopping spree and it was 94/28. I have always felt better with those low counts. My resting pulse after a good night's sleep is closer to my former 80/50. For many people that is too low, but it has been my usual until my blood pressure began shooting up in the year prior to my diagnosis. With the heart murmur my pulse is often high, so that is always a concern, but I am relieved that at least the diet and exercise plan has brought my b/p back into what has been normal for me in times past. 

No comments: