Thursday, November 10, 2016

Retro Fit

I had a good time shopping for jeans yesterday but did get a chuckle out of some of the "new" styles.  There certainly is nothing new under the sun, eh? haha

Ann brought me a pair of stylish trouser jeans to try on.  I took one look at them and it was instant flashback to 1968/69, grade 8 and 9 "elephant pants" that were all the rage just before the skin tight pants with the bell bottom flares took over.  These very lovely jeans had the same wide stove pipe legs with just the slightest flair at the bottom.  If I was much taller and much younger than I am, I would have purchased them immediately. However, I am neither of those things, PLUS I have all ready "done" 1968 fashion, IN 1968!  

It was a bit difficult to let them go to be honest, but I had to be real.  They make me look even more like a stocky blocked out rectangle than my originals did when I was 13 years old.  

It is really fun to see so many of the old hippie style fashions returning to a whole new generation of youthful gals who look even better in them than we did "back in the day". Today's gals wear them to be fashion conscious rather than to be fashion rebels, complete with makeup on their faces and beautifully coiffed hair.  It looks good on them!

Got a bit of a shock today when I opened my credit card bill.  We have a number of car expenses coming in next month, but I thought we were okay until then.  Eek!  Our Christmas gift to our son is his air fare here for Christmas week, but the airline we generally deal with doesn't charge for pre-booked flights until the first of the month the flight will be taken.  I assumed that would be the case this time, but I was so wrong!  The airline we used this time charges immediately upon booking.  So, we are effectively wiped out financially for this month, BUT December will be far better than expected.  That is the silver lining over this unexpected bill.  Things so often have a way of working out, even if they start off somewhat negatively.  It is all good.

It is cooler today, by about 10 degrees from yesterday, but still the sun is shining brightly and there is little wind.  I went to the bank and paid that bill as soon as it arrived, happy to have an excuse to leave the last 2 loads of laundry sitting in the basement for awhile so I could get out of the house.  So, back to the washing and drying of clothes for the rest of the afternoon. 

I decided not to go to MJ to get the paint pen today. There seemed to be some indecision among the dealership staff as to when the supply truck was going to arrive and I decided it would be more fun to go with my husband on Monday instead.  It is his last Monday/Tuesday off for a couple of weeks as he has the trip to Newfoundland the following week and I would like to do something fun and out of town with him instead of going on my own today.

With Remembrance Day being on Friday this week I am going to be confused all weekend about what day it is, what stores are open, post office delivery, bank closures etc.  I doubt my husband will stay home and take the day off, even though he has all ready commemmorated the day with a service at a nursing home last week.  I suspect he will go into the office to get caught up on some work emails.

My church has its autumn fowl supper tomorrow evening so that will be noisy and fun with delicious food and then Saturday morning is our weekend community choir practise. I am getting a ride with a new friend from choir and looking forward to having some extra time to visit with her.

So life is good, not terribly exciting in some ways, but there seems to be something going on every day of the week that gets me out and about.  Next week there is more socializing and ministry for me.

Time to go change over the last load of laundry.

Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments: