Sunday, December 25, 2016

Happy To See the Son

It is 3am. We are just getting to bed after my husband picked our son up at the airport after 1am. I stayed home to sleep after church because the second dose of medication hit me like a sledge hammer. Feeling better now after a little taste of Camembert and a demitasse of my husband's delicious vanilla milk concoction. The dash of whiskey in mine should send me right back to sleep for the rest of the night.

The son looks good. He has taken off some weight he gained during a stressful time, has taken to wearing white shirts exclusively as they suit his skin tone, has some lovely new sport coats and generally has "cleaned up nicely "! He is cheery, laid back and seems to be coming to grips with his crazy life.

Despite his parents both feeling kind of lousy, I think this visit will go well.  He and his dad are the biggest blessings in my life.

No comments: