Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Weighing In

Weeeeeeeellll....after wussing out for the past over 6 weeks from weighing myself, I finally got incredibly brave this evening and hauled myself onto the bathroom scale.  Wonder of wonders I have, in that nearly 7 week time frame, managed to lose 9 of the 11 pounds I gained last winter!  Thank you Lord, thank you hip for letting me get back to daily exercise in a big way once again.  I am so relieved I am sitting here on the verge of tears.  I have been just terrified that my diabetes control and my feeling so much better since that diagnosis were going to be marred by a return to uncontrolled weight gain that would mean either the diabetes was getting worse despite my best efforts or it WOULD get worse because of my loss of ability to control the weight.  How do you spell "relief"?  In this case it is spelled w-e-i-g-h-t-l-o-s-s!!  Whew!!!  Looking at my tummy in the mirror the other night I was hopeful that I was not imagining a bit of a loss of fat, but was afraid to believe it in case I was just fooling myself.  

My husband and I had some fun back at his office tonight after dinner.  Part of his new regime is to leave the office each afternoon between 4pm and 4:30pm like the rest of the staff instead of staying on until after 6pm.  I am going to really like this if he is able to keep it up.  We were finished dinner by 5:30pm and still had an actual evening to enjoy!  We drove back to the office after we ate and spent some time sorting through pictures we had on his computer from Dad's 90th birthday celebration last week.  After selecting the best of them, we printed them on some decent photo paper on the big copier so I can send them to my parents.  They will be delighted.  We were able to make them big enough that Dad will be able to see them clearly despite the serious loss of vision in his one eye...stupid macular degeneration!!!  Mom looks particularly smiley in her photos. Usually she doesn't smile much but she is so happy to see her grandson that her delight is spilling over onto her face. hahahaha  Great to see her NOT wearing her perpetual and habitual frown!  

So, I am showered up for my prolia injection appointment in the morning.  Hopefully I will remember to take the drug out of my refrigerator by 6:30am when we get up so that it won't be freezing cold when it is injected into my arm. Have you ever received an injection of a medication that is still chilly???  OOOOWWWWWW!!  Trust me, you do not ever want to!

I am happy to report that after the time we spent in the office, me having my shower and washing my hair and my husband watching a "guy flick", it is still only 8:30pm!  We have time for a visit tonight.  YIPPEE!!  We have so much fun just sitting and talking about anything and everything!

I am giggling about how the Lord provides....again....still.....hahaha.  I was so delighted that we received over $50 from our bottle and can recycling this morning and that it is only half of what we have collected in the basement. The rest will go next week.  Tonight my husband was handed a small cheque from a parishioner who attended the Christmas Eve service. She wanted to give him a little gift for Christmas.  How sweet is she????  So, a few more dollars to get through until pay day next week.  I truly suspect the Lord is doing this on purpose to keep me on the straight and narrow as far as continuing to not be worrying about our financial future as we look to retirement days.  These little dribs and drabs of unexpected or downright unusual provision is exactly how he kept us going during the horror years of the past.  God does not change...his ways and means to look after us may change but ultimately he is Jehovah Jireh...our provider.  What a relief! I constantly receive evidence that my trust is not misplaced.  Hallelujah!

No comments: