Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Feelin' Less Snarky Now

My husband and I had a very successful bank appointment this afternoon to set up some things as we head into the retirement years.  I am very happy with the answers I received to my questions and a big load has been taken off now that I understand what we have to do over the next 5 years.  Whew!!  There will still be a ton of paperwork for awhile yet, but that is okay.  At least I understand what is going on now.

The temperature climbed to +2C this afternoon and the day was accompanied by heavenly sunshine.   The cars all over the city, including ours, are all the same shade of muddy brown from the splash of other vehicles driving past and sloshing the mucky snow melt all over the place.  Oh how I feel for friends in the Maritimes who are suffering through a power outage after receiving more than 80cm of snow in their town all ready this week and are expecting another 15cm tomorrow.  How blessed am I here in the melting morass of snow and ice and sand.

The ironing got done, I took care of some dishes, after dinner tonight while my husband was at a meeting I got going on doing some cooking for tomorrow, got my grocery list put together for the rest of the week.......yeah, a quietly productive day.

Now, off to bed to do some more reading about the precocious Flavia de Luce.  I am about 1/3 of the way through the fourth book...cruising through this series relatively quickly despite my habit of allowing myself to read only at bedtime each day.  Bradley takes some of his titles from other writings. Book four is entitled, "I Am Half-Sick of Shadows", part of a quote taken from Tennyson's "The Lady of Shalott".   It has been some time since a series of novels kept my attention so completely...the Harry Potter series was the last one but it was far more complicated for plot and details of course and each book took more thought and consumed more time to complete.  In between I read a Jefferey Archer series along with my mom and dad that was interesting enough, but there was so much time between publications I started losing interest about half way through.

So, off to the odd little world of Flavia once again........

No comments: